Education & Experience
• A minimum of a post-secondary credential (degree/diploma) in Environmental Science, Biology, Environmental Studies or other related discipline,
• A minimum of 5 years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. Degree preferred.
• Valid Alberta Class 5 driver’s license.
• Provide a current 5 year drivers’ abstract.
• Provide a criminal records check.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
Strong knowledge and experience in the areas of climate change adaptation, sustainable development, asset management, etc.
• Demonstrated understanding of climate change issues and sustainable development within the context of municipal government.
• Strong research and analytical skills (e.g. ability to conduct rigorous research, summarize findings, and present recommendations).
• Ability to conceptualize.
• Excellent writing and communications skills (e.g. ability to write succinct reports and prepare communications materials).
• Good knowledge of computer tools.
• Strong ability to multi-task, with attention to detail.
• Understanding of the program development process and how to implement new initiatives, including planning, costing, team building, implementation strategies, and building in feedback and evaluation techniques