Hire New Talent. Grow Your Team.
If you work in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) or one of the following Natural Resources sectors: Energy, Mining, Forests, or Earth Sciences, you may qualify for up to $15,000 in wage subsidy for your next junior candidate's salary. You may also be eligible to fund multiple new positions! Applying is easy and eligibility is determined in just 10 minutes.
Be offering a full-time, permanent position
Providing an environment-related position in STEM OR Natural Resources sectors: Energy, Mining/Materials, Forests, or Earth Sciences
Planning to hire a new employee. The candidate cannot be an existing full-time, permanent employee (co-ops, internships, and previous part-time/short term contract employees may be eligible).
Host organization must be one of the following: Canadian owned, a Canadian subsidiary, Municipal Government Department, or Provincial Government Department
The Job Candidate must meet the following criteria:
- aged 30 or under
- graduated from a post-secondary institution
- Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or have Canadian refugee status
For Questions on Getting Started, Recruiting, Receiving Wage Subsidy, and more:
Examples of eligible roles related to:
- Research assistant to collect historical data, run models, and assess climate change impacts
- Environmental coordinator determining and implementing best management practices for sustainable farming
- Lab technician analyzing water samples from sites to determine the contamination levels.
- Design engineer to develop environmental monitoring equipment for greenhouse gases.
- Energy Engineer to identify and quantify the opportunity for projects involving Demand Response, efficiency, renewable technologies, management and operating improvements to major energy using equipment.
- Home Energy Modeller to calculate thermal performance of building with a goal of recommending and implementing energy efficient options.
- Software designer to create smart grid technologies.
- GIS analyst focused on animal movements in Northern Canada.
- Marine Geoscience Technologist to conduct geological, geophysical, geochemical, hydrographic or oceanographic surveys, prospecting field trips, exploratory drilling, well logging or underground mine survey programs.
- Forest Systems Modelling Specialist providing support and expertise on model-based systems and sub-systems, as well as educating and supporting the wider organizational objectives.
- Geomatics Technologist to conduct in-field surveys, office calculations and the production of plans to determine the exact locations and relative positions of natural features on the earth’s surface, underground and underwater.
How It Works
1.We will review your application and email your status within 10 business days (approved, pending or declined).
2. Once you select your job candidate, you will make sure that the candidate has applied to the program and been approved. When both parties are approved, you will contact us so that we can complete the match.
3. Candidates are responsible for finding a host employer the same way as finding any other employment opportunities. Once a candidate is approved they will receive an information package that will help market themselves.
4. After you are matched with your candidate, we’ll send a host contract, candidate contract, Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) form, and Participation Information Form to start the program and specify wage subsidy payments. Candidates need to sign and send their contract and Participant Information Form (PIF) back. Employers need to sign and send the host contract, EFT form and a void cheque.
Program placements typically last for 8-12 months and are intended to lead to permanent employment. To be considered, your candidate start date must be within 30 days of being approved.
What You Need:
You must have the salary information, role description, and a training plan. The application will take approximately 20 minutes to complete. You can also save your application and return to it a later date.
Ready to apply? Take our short eligibility quiz to get started now!