The participation of the local community is a key component to the success of each program delivery.
Key areas for involvement from Community include:
- Pre-screening potential students and selecting those who meet the prerequisites
- Identifying Elders and other local knowledge holders who may be willing to work with the students during class and field instruction
- Identifying local industry who may be willing to speak to the students or host site visits
- Assisting with the planning and organizing of a community celebration for graduates of the program.
- Assisting graduates in identifying local employment opportunities
- Providing a venue for the training to take place