ECO Canada is Searching for Experienced Consultants to Work on Research Projects
ECO Canada is seeking the services of experienced consultants to produce more refined estimates and forecasts of environmental employment.
To assist in this process, we want to work with qualified proponents to:
A) Improve and refine ECO Canada’s current labour supply-demand model’s estimation and forecasting methodology
B) Develop a new methodology for estimating and forecasting environmental employment demand and supply which produces more refined estimates and forecasts than ECO Canada’s current model
In addition to completing either A or B above, ECO Canada requests that proponents:
- Produce estimates for environmental employment for 2018, by ECO Canada’s environmental subsectors, National Occupational Classification (NOC), North American Industry Classification System (NAICS), and Canada’s provinces, territories and census metropolitan areas
- Forecast environmental employment for a 7 to 10 year period, by ECO Canada’s environmental subsectors, National Occupational Classification (NOC), North American Industry Classification System (NAICS), and Canada’s provinces, territories and census metropolitan areas
- Provide ECO Canada with all data used to estimate/forecast environmental employment
- Provide ECO Canada with a full and detailed description of the model’s methodology as it was used to estimate/forecast environmental employment, including all regression, simulation and computational equations included in the model
- Provide ECO Canada with all tools (e.g., spreadsheets, programs and access to any proprietary software) used to produce the estimates and forecasts of environmental employment in a form that will allow ECO Canada’s research team to run the model in-house with different parameters and assumptions
ECO Canada intends to produce a written report summarizing the model’s methodology, estimates and forecasts and providing analysis of the statistical results. This report will be available for download on the labour market information webpage. Proponents may (but are not required to) bid to complete the written content of this report.
The selected consultant will carry out the work each year for two consecutive years. The maximum value of work is $100,000 plus GST. A higher budget is allotted for Year 1.
Questions will be accepted until January 28, 2019 at 4 pm (MST). Please email them to Claudine Vidallo at email@example.com or Geni Peters at firstname.lastname@example.org
Read the full Request for Proposal to learn more details about requirements, activities, evaluation criteria, selection process and timelines. Click here to download full document.
Proposal Submission Deadline & Specifications
Proposals should be marked “Proponent Name – Proposal for Environmental Employment Supply-Demand Model and Outputs” and submitted to email@example.com. All documents required with the submission should be included as one PDF document and are not to exceed 15 pages excluding appendices.
Submissions will be accepted until 4pm (MST) on February 15, 2019.