Welcome to ECO Employment Programs! Working with the federal government as part of Canada’s Work Integrated Learning Strategy, we work with employers and post-secondary partners to help students kick-start their career path in the environmental sector.
Student Work Placement Program
Bridging the School-to-Work Transition
Wage Funding For Employers Committed To Cultivating the Next Generation of Environmental Professionals
Fall 2019 Applications Now Open!
We will cover up to 50% of a student’s wages to $5,000 when employers hire the brightest minds in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM) and Business.
- Funding is for 12 to 16-Week paid work-terms
- Students gain valuable on-the-job experience
- Employers increase future talent pool and resource availability
- Students and Employers are required to find their own co-op placement
- Three sessions per year: Winter (January-April), Summer (May-August), Fall (September-December)
- Applications open 3 months prior to start of co-op session
Additional funding may be available for employers who hire student from one of the following groups:
- Women in STEM
- Indigenous People
- Persons with Disabilities
- First-year Students
- Recent Immigrants (Permanent resident or refugee status)
UPDATE: Applications for Fall 2019 will remain open until July 31, 2019. Summer placements for 2019 are fully allocated. If you have not received contracts for your approved placement please contact us at email@example.com and we will complete the process.
If you currently study at a university or college in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) and Business, you qualify!
You must be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or have Refugee status.
Students on a work permit or visa are not eligible.
Through Employment & Social Development Canada, the student work placement program will provide up to 50% of a Co-op student’s pay in wage funding.
You must provide full-time work (minimum 30 hrs per week) for a 12 to 16-week term duration in an environmental role to be eligible for funding.
We will be working closely with you to help students bridge the school-to-work transition. Our team provides career support services to environmental students and professionals.
We’re committed to youth employment in the environmental sector. As such you will receive in marketing the program and work placements.
Important Applicant Information:
- Employers can apply for back-to-back placements for the same student
- Students do not have to be enrolled in their school’s co-op programs to participate and there is NO AGE RESTRICTION
Did you Know?
We created 2000+ jobs last year and 90% of interns acquired full-time employment through our Wage Funding program.
We gave $25.1 M in wage subsidies to employers creating career opportunities for new graduates.
Green Job Success Stories
Hear from our 2016-2017 Wage Funding program participants about their experiences.
Read our case study of AWES and discover how Wage Funding benefits both employers and interns in our interview.