Environmental Coordinator, Research Assistant to assess climate change impacts
Science Horizons Internship Program
Invest in New Talent | Grow Your Business | Save on Staffing Costs
Funding available for roles that fall within Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics with a positive environmental impact
We’ve been working with Environment and Climate Change Canada for over 20 years to provide bright young minds the chance to gain valuable work experience with a variety of organizations and industries in Canada that hire environmental positions.
For those employers and candidates who fit the eligibility criteria, up to 50% of salary or wages will be covered for jobs that contribute to economic growth in roles related to climate change, clean technology and environmental sustainability.
Requirements for Candidates:
- Currently unemployed or underemployed
- Able to work in a full-time, permanent position within 30 days from application
- Intend to lead an environmental career in STEM or natural resources
- Graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution with a 2 year diploma or 4 year degree
- 30 years of age or younger, Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or have refugee status
Requirements for Host Employers:
- Offer full-time, permanent position for aged 30 or under candidate
- Environmentally-related position in STEM
- Hiring a new employee – not an existing full-time employee
- Must be Canadian owned, Canadian subsidiary, Municipal or Provincial Government Department
- Candidate must have graduated from post-secondary institute and is a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or has refugee status
I'm an Emerging Professional
Join thousands of emerging environmental professionals who have landed a great job and gained hands-on experience.
Apply to get pre-approval status as an ECO Employment Programs Candidate. Make sure you have:
-Current Employment Status
-An Updated Resume
I'm an Employer Looking for Talent
Apply now and soon you will benefit from:
Growing your team’s capacity and productivity
Saving money on overhead expenses
Applying takes only 20 minutes. Unlock to new talent with fresh ideas. Make sure you have:
– Salary information
– Role descriptions
– A professional development training plan
Increasing Capacity In Canada’s Fastest Growing Sector
To date, we’ve facilitated the placement of over 7200 candidates in meaningful careers from small to mid-size businesses, non-profit organizations to municipal/provincial governments. Thanks to all our employers for participating over the years!
Follow these easy steps to apply to get wage funding:
- Take the eligibility Quiz and complete the host application to get approved by our employment programs team.
- Find a Candidate for the approved position and have them apply.
- Employer hosts and approved Candidate become linked and contracts are issued.
- Send back contracts to our team and start the position!
- Complete reports, webinars and send pay stubs to receive your wage funding.
Youth Employment in Natural Resources
Invest In Skill Development, Grow Your Team, Reduce Expenses.
Employment Program Employer Case Studies
We asked environmental employers what their experience has been in our wage funding programs.