Explore the research
Tap into our knowledge on Canada’s environmental labour market.
2016 National Occupational Standards – Environmental Employment
- Price Free
- Year Series starts 2005
As environmental employment continues to develop and mature, defining the scope of environmental work activities and competencies becomes essential for effective human resource planning and workforce development. Ensuring a strong foundation and common language for environmental employment is among the most critical issues for the success of the entire environmental industry.
National Occupational Standards (NOS) are competencies required to perform successfully in a particular occupation. They describe the standard acceptable skills and knowledge required of environmental professionals in the areas of core knowledge, transferable competencies, and technical skills.
Note: This is document is current as of September 2016. If you have any questions, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download 2016 NOS – Environmental Employment
Download other reports in this series:
- 2011 National Occupational Standards for Environmental Employment
- 2011 National Occupational Standards for Meteorology
- 2009 National Occupational Standards for Greenhouse Gas Professionals
- 2010 National Occupational Standards for Environmental Auditors
- 2005 National Occupational Guidelines for Canadian Water and Wastewater Operators