We are pleased to offer job placement opportunities for students interested in working in the environmental field through Employment and Social Development Canada funding.
The Cooperative Student Work Integrated Program (SWP) offers up to $ 5,000 in wage subsidies. Eligible employers can hire students for jobs in science, technology, engineering, arts, or mathematics (STEAM) with a focus on the environment.
1. Complete the following employer's application.
2. Wait to receive approval from Eco Canada.
3. Find an eligible student and have the student submit their application.
4. ECO Canada will match the host and student applications prior to the start of the placement.
5. The contracts are reviewed by both parties and the placement begins.
Answer the following questions to determine if your organization is pre-approved to participate in the program.
Is your company Canadian owned or a Canadian subsidiary?
Are you currently hiring for a 4-month co-op position?
Is this new position related to the environment or an environmental project?
Does this co-op position have an element of Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math?